We are delighted to be included in today’s White House Science Fair announcement. This annual Fair celebrates student winners from a broad range of STEM competitions across the US.
The White House said:
Kuato Studios is committing to reach thousands of schools across 30 states with free STEM content. Through games, Kuato aims to inspire more girls and boys in computer science and also to provide a tool that gives teachers the confidence to tackle computer science with their students in a fun and engaging way.
As you know, Code Warriors is redefining how kids learn to code, and we hope your students have had fun battling to become the ultimate coder! Since we launched the browser version last year, over 400 schools from around the world have chosen to play Code Warriors as a fun way to introduce their students to coding and computational thinking – subjects close to the President’s heart with his Computer Science for All initiative.
We would like to say a massive thank you for helping to build the Code Warriors community, and for giving students access to a resource that today the White House endorsed as an engaging game “to inspire more girls and boys into computer science.” We hope that you continue to enjoy the game as we make it bigger and better – we have many new features in development, and we are excited to share them with you soon!
Below is a summary of the main features and benefits of Code Warriors:
- suitable for US K5-9; UK KS2-3
- a range of Computer Science learning outcomes
- a full learning analytics engine
- a Teacher Zone with learning resources
- a teacher dashboard that offers:
- detailed analysis of student/class performance
- the ability to identify class learning trends
- insight to individual student’s ongoing performance and historic progression
- identification of challenging pathways for the class
- ability to compare class performance across school and district
- ability to compare class performance against national and global averages
- usage and completion statistics
For further information and tutorials please visit www.codewarriorsgame.com